Saturday, February 4, 2012

Books

The past week has been a very hard one...I'll just put that out there as honest as I can. But, I've been in a few conversations and have been asked about some resources I use, so I thought I'd pass on what I've been passing on to others around me this week.

We homeschool, so most of the conversations have been from that viewpoint, but I think these would pertain to non-homeschoolers who are looking for more for their kiddos and for themselves.

 Honey for a Child's Heart - Gladys Hunt
Classic books and challenging reading to introduce at every age. I used to wander my library and look for quality books, now I take this book and find exactly what I need. If you are a lover of literature or Classic Education, you'll love this book.

First Art: Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos - MaryAnn F. Kohl
This is my go-to art book right now. It has so many different ways of painting, drawing and molding...all which I can pull together quickly. My girls have loved everything I used from here. She also lays out for each "lesson" what you'll need, how to present it, and what the messy factor is going to be - I consider this INVALUABLE right now ;o)

Daily Focus - Janet Tatman
I feel a bit biased putting this on here because Janet is my sweet, dear friend. But I'm telling you...this is such an encouraging devotional. As moms we fight battles that are only ours, but also as homeschooling moms we fight battles that others do not. I swear she had a Nanny Cam in my house this week and knew exactly what was going on...it was like a friend sharing God's truth with me each day as I read the small blurb. If you don't want to commit to purchasing the book, you can sign up and have a new devo in your inbox each morning.

Ok...that's all for now ;o) Just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment