Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Financial Peace - Oxymoron?

Tonight I finished the longest class I've ever taken...over a year long. We checked off the last lesson of Financial Peace University. We are notorious for starting something and stopping before it's finished. Not the poster children for "seeing it through" evidently. So, being a little convicted about such things...we sat down and did it! DONE! If you are current with the Baby Steps, we're working on #4-#6...investing 15%, putting away for kids college, & paying off the house. Going through FPU has given new perspective on money, debt, things/stuff, and actual NEEDS. We'll probably go through the course again at some point to keep it fresh and refocus on our goals. Before FPU, we mismanaged our money...er, God's money...horribly. We aren't totally out of debt yet, but so close! If you've never done a course like this, do it...you won't regret it.
On another note - I have worn this shirt all day and just now found a hole in the sleeve and a hole in the underarm. I evidently need to take myself to Target and find a new long sleeved T (and maybe a Starbucks while I shop?)! Oh, wait... the clothing budget is spent for this month, I'll have to wait until November ;o) Just one little way FPU has changed the way I look at urgency and need. It can wait...so it will. After-all, I have THREE other long sleeved T's I can wear (although, none of them are pink!) ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment