Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here's What I Know...


Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's because I had a corporate job right up until my first was born. Maybe I think I must contribute to society or at least my family in a great way everyday. And maybe I just don't live up to my own standards like I think I should. But, here's what I know. I like to look back at my day and see some sort of accomplishment, some great way I impacted those around me. And don't know you it, there are a lot of days I really don't feel like I did much except for keep my children fed & happy...and sometimes it just doesn't seem like that's enough. But, what I'm coming (slowly) to grips with is the fact that...it just MIGHT be enough! I didn't abandon or abuse my girls, I loved on them and sang silly songs while dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld....and we laughed. We read books until they were sleepy, and then they had naps and woke up happy. That is something! I didn't balance the national budget, but neither did all the elected officials that are actually SUPPOSED to be doing that! My day doesn't look like anyone else's...so why compare it?
So here's what this blog is about. It's just a daily archive of the biggest event or thing checked off the list. And when I sit down one day to look back at what I did with as a SAHM (btw, I hate that label), I'll hopefully be able to see how every little thing done was building up my girls and helping them grow into women who have their own personal relationship with my Jesus. I hope to see a wife who loved her husband and showed that through her everyday life. My TO DO list doesn't look the same as it once did. The list might have the same things on it for days in a row, but I don't live the same life I once did before...and that's the whole point.

No comments:

Post a Comment